Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Quiet Evening

We were having a quiet evening at home. We had dinner and Dean was getting ready to study for his exam tomorrow while I was watching movie on tv and working a Sudoku puzzle. All of a sudden, a horrible screeching noise started to sound. It was the FIRE ALARM!! Apparently they are doing a complex wide fire drill. They had cops and a person with a bull horn (if that's how it's spelled) telling us this is a drill.

Now it's back to my movie. It's Monster-in-Law. I'm so glad I don't have a monster-in-law!!

4 comments:

Heather said...

There was this one Dad out there that was just livid too. He had a kid that was prolly about 1, and the alarm had woken her up. He walks up to the girl with the bull-horn and asks her how she's going to get his baby back to sleep. You could tell from the response the girl wasn't a mom nor cared one bit about waking up the baby. I felt bad for the guy. I mean, I know fire drills are necessary, but they could have at least warned us so all the parents didn't bother going through all the effort of getting kids to sleep just to have the alarm wake them. I feel so sorry for all the parents of young children.

Anonymous said...

Yay for sudoku!

sorry, that's all I got. Of course, the last fire drill I went to, i went out and passed out cookies to the people out there. lots of fun, and you'd be amazed how much a cookie improves someone's mood...

Anonymous said...

Well, there is a first time for everything. I'm glad to know you will be alerted if there is a fire. Dean, get back to the books.

Anonymous said...

you will not know if there is a monster in law in either of your lives unless you make them mad