Yes, I played hooking from work today. But, I only did it because I was feeling absolutely horrible this morning. I had been feeling bad for a few days now, but I was trying to fight it off. Dean convinced me to take today off and go to the doctor. I had not been to our new doctor here in Atlanta, so I was a little worried about the whole thing. I called the number on my insurance card and found out my PCP doesn't work there anymore. To make a long story short, I spent all morning trying to find a doctor. Not only was I not feeling well, but I had to deal with all of this as well. :-(
Dean took real good care of me. He didn't have any classes today, so he decided to do his work from home. I set me up in the bedroom and moved the tv and dvd player in there for me. I watched some ALF episodes and took a nap.
The doctors office is inside a big medical facility. You have to pay to park. We went in and waited for around 45 minutes before they called me back. They did a strep test which I hate! The doctor came in and told me I had Bronchitis. So, he wrote me a prescription and then said he wanted to do some lab work since I was a new patient. The nurse was nice, but she couldn't find my vein. Let's just say that right now, my arm is bruised where she poked me!
We then went to pick up my prescription at a drug store just for the insurance company I have. That was quite painless. They had it ready in 5 minutes! The pharmacy is in another medical facility. We're going to change our PCP over there.
We finally made it back home and I resumed my position in the bed in front of the tv. I was running a slight fever, so I was really cold. Dean took great care of me and got me some crackers and an apple cut in slices with our new "apple divider."
I talked to mom and dad for a bit. I think they approve of how well Dean's taking care of me. He's the best. He has a test tomorrow, so I've been leaving him alone as much as possible so he can focus. I don't feel good at all, but I'm glad I took off and went to the doctor. When I get sick, if I wait too long, it just gets worse. Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow. I'm definitely going to be going into work. Gotta put that food on the table. :-)
2 comments:
Dean seems like the best Doctor/Nurse you could ask for. He is taking good care of you. Don't worry about food on the table, we will send some. See you Nov. 1st
Love You
I hope you are feeling better, Heather! Sounds like you have a good hubby. :-)
Post a Comment