Sunday, September 03, 2006

Sunday Stuff

Today Dean and I went to yet another new church. This one was called Northside UMC (www.northsideumc.org). It is another rather large church, but they have a contemporary service that we might want to check out in the future. The sanctuary was immaculate and they did some things that made me feel like I was in a catholic church. The major thing that stood out was a girl carried in the cross which was on a pole at the beginning of the service. We saw a few young couples there, so that's a good sign. The message was good and the pastor even gave me a hug on the way out! I enjoy checking out churches, but it also makes me miss my church family a lot.

Dean, Matt and Lisa went to the gym today. I wasn't feeling very good, so I decided to stay home and take it easy. Don't worry Mom and Dad, I'm ok!! I think it may be that I needed some rest from getting use to working this week, but either way, I'm doing ok. I organized some of our pictures and got rid of three more boxes!! Dean had fun at the gym. He beat Matt in a game of racquetball and even got to jump from the 3 meter diving board a few times. He liked that a lot.

Dean cooked his famous chicken wraps tonight for me, Matt and Lisa. We played some Rummikub and had fun chatting. They're a good couple and we enjoy spending time with them.
Tomorrow Dean and I are off for Labor Day! Not sure what is on our agenda for tomorrow, but it's bound to be something fun!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you were feeling bad sweetheart Sorry you couldn't jump off the 3 meter diving board. We know you can do it. Remember the lake in Orange Park?
The chicken wrap made you feel better.

PS: Hi Roy and Jane