Yesterday, Dean and I attended yet another church. We like checking out the different churches, but would like to make a decision on which one to attend. It's hard...they're all so different from what we're use to. The one we went to yesterday was Grace United Methodist Church. (www.graceatthecross.org) The church was really nice. They sang both traditional and contemporary songs. They had a very nice choir and a ton of pastors. Almost ever staff member had their doctorates. There was also a "Seminarian-in-residence." I was so excited when we sang "Lord Reign In Me." I poked Dean and said Mercy's Sake sang that!!! Mercy's Sake is a band that I'm in with some of my friends from college. We're kind of on a break right now since some of us have moved away. Mercy's Sake rocks!! :-)
I haven't stopped doing stuff around the house since I got home. Tonight is my "get stuff done" night. Tomorrow I will relax! Gilmore Girls' new season starts!!! I'm so looking forward to that!
This afternoon, walking back to the apartment from the parking lot, the fall air felt really good. I like this weather. I like being able to take a minute to stop and look around me. Atlanta is so beautiful. It's going to be great to experience this place through every season.
4 comments:
Mercy's Sake ROCKS!!!
Yeah, Fall is definitely right around the corner... It's my favorite season.
What's a "Seninarian"?
Yay for Mercy Sake! oh, what fun memories. :-)
I hope you and Dean are able to find the right church soon! It's neat going to different churches, but yeah, it's also so so nice to have a church you can call home. :-)
I'm glad you are liking Atlanta in the fall!
Atlanta is beautiful because you and Dean are there or at least that is what we think. Yes, what is a Seninarian? Sometimes you have to visit a Church more than one time and maybe a different service or just a Church get together.
How did you guys both misspell it? Its 'seminarian', and we don't know exactly. I'm not sure if its more like a post doc or more like a grad student
Post a Comment