Saturday, September 02, 2006

September!

It's hard to believe that it's already September! Yesterday was the 1 year anniversary of me buying my car! Happy Birthday Camry!! It's such a wonderful car. I'm in it a lot more now that I have about a 25-30 minute communte on a good day to work and the same coming back. It's usually more around 30-40 minutes coming back home, but it's really not too bad.

Work is going well. I got my first assembly program to work...finally!! I've gotten to know a good group of people at work. On Wednesday I felt like an engineer again! I went to lunch with 6 guys!! I'm so use to being the minority in my field that it felt good that I can do the same thing as these guys! Go me!! Of course, none of those guys are anywhere near as handsome, smart or amazing as my husband!! I talked about him a lot! :-)

Dean's classes are going well. He said they're a little boring, but hopefully they'll get better. He's been stuck on a project for a few days, but I know he'll get it working soon!

Yay for a 3 day weekend!! I can definitely use the sleeping in and bumming around the house. I'm going to do a little cleaning and organizing around here this weeked and Dean and I are going to the gym with Matt and Lisa some. It should be a fun couple of days!

I hope everyone back in Virginia survived the tropical storm that came through. We've been thinking about you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, Ernesto blew in and brought lots of rain and some wind and Marjie. Good for us; bad for her. Ernesto thwarted her plans to go see her beau at Penn State, but enabled us to see her for the weekend. CNU was without power for a couple of days. We did some shopping and good eating and had a good weekend. Roo is out with the leaf blower deleafing the world.

Love ya,
M

Anonymous said...

We survived Ernesto. You will figure our the right route to and from work and the engineering thing will work out. You are the cutest Engineer we know.

Anonymous said...

Hey guys. Just the typical Fall in Richmond. Lots of water, wind, downed trees and no power (we were out of power Friday). Glad to hear things are going well with your job. Tell Dean I hope things liven up with his classes....