Yesterday, Dean and I ran a few errands in the morning, then we took Matt over to the CRC (Campus Recreation Center), otherwise known as the gym. The three of us took turns playing Racquetball. Dean and I use to play at VCU. It was really good to play again. We both enjoy the game. Matt beat Dean the first game and me the second. We played 3 player on the last game and Dean won. Don't worry, I didn't give up without a fight! After getting hot playing, we took a dip in the pool to cool off. That was fun! Lisa fixed us dinner that night and we went over to their place. It was very good. We talked about a lot of random stuff and had a really great time.
Another highlight from Saturday...I got my debit card!!! It's the one that goes to our joint account! I was so excited that I wanted to go and buy something online, but...I didn't.
Today we went to chuch at Haygood Memorial United Methodist Church (www.haygoodumc.org). It was a smaller congregation than the church we went to last Sunday and people were very nice. I enjoyed being around familiar surroundings in the Methodist Church, so that was really good for me. We're still searching and trying out churches. Who knows where we'll be next Sunday.
We went to a mall this evening. We had some JCPenny's giftcards and we needed some more pillow cases to match the sheets sets we have. Dean needs lots of pillows when he's sleeping. We also got a phone for our home! Yes, we have a local number now. If anyone wants it, you'll have to ask!
Tonight Dean and I made pork chops, mashed potatoes and broccoli. It was very good!
Tomorrow is my first day at work. I have to be there at 9:00AM to fill out all those forms with HR. I'm a little nervous, so keep sending up prayers for me! I'm a little stressed about the commute and just getting settled there. From what I know about the position, I think I'll enjoy the job, I just hope I'm right!
3 comments:
Good luck with the new job, Heather. Don't take too long finding a church that can be hazardous as per The Screwtape Letters by C. S. Lewis.
Arana
PS What's a RPG?
Sounds like a fun weekend! It sounds like you guys are already making good friendships down there and getting settled into your new home. :-)
RPG = role playing game
One of my favs is Dungoen Siege, and the expansion pack to the first DS was Legends of Aranna. Just a random connection :P
Post a Comment