Today Dean and I went to the Fulton County Tag Office to get our cars transferred over to GA. Apparently, I had to have one of my car payment statements and Dean needs to have an emissions inspection before we can get tags. We did get his car transferred over to his name and learn how to circle a block when half of the roads are blocked off! Yes, that was interesting, but we did it.
We went to see an insurance agent to update my information and get Dean on my policy. It took quite a while with all of the paperwork and trying to find every discount possible to cut down our monthly payment. Insurance is a lot more expensive here than in Richmond. The lady we were working with was nice and helpful, so it was good to get that done.
Dean and I attempted to make his family's famous pound cake! It tasted really good, but Dean said the crust wasn't completely right. We're going to have to try again. But we made it because Matt and Lisa came over for dessert and game night. We played Imaginiff, Balderdash, and Rummikub. I was the top loser tonight, not winning any games, but at least I had fun!
We're going to try to get to the gym tomorrow and we're having dinner at Matt and Lisa's tomorrow night. I need to get good with this cooking thing so we can have them over here one night too! Wish me luck!
One last thing...I've been reading about Tropical Storm Ernesto. I have a much different feeling about storms going through the Caribbean now that I have visited there. I sure hope everything will be ok for the people on the islands and the cruise ships heading that way. We miss the cruise ship.
4 comments:
'Not completely right', lol. It was way wrong. Think we covered it way too tightly. I'll have to experiment with the tightness of the aluminum foil and figure out what's just right. But we'll get it right eventually :)
Hey, Mom or Dad, if you're reading this, you guys have little pegs around the edge of your bunt pan. Do you guys rest the foil on top of these pegs, or do you push the foil down so its resting on the top edge of the pan? Just trying to get some clues here. Thanks :)
Cut a cross-hatch (X) in the center of the foil and pull it down over the tube so that you don't cover up the tube. Then fix the foil so that it's very loosely laid on top of the pan for about the first 45 mins. of baking time. Then take it off for the remainder of the baking time. The only purpose of the foil is to keep the crust from over-browning while the cake gets fully baked. I'm impressed you tried this already. Aunt Margaret's legacy continues.
Love ya,
M
Y'all are becoming regular peaches. If y'all keep cooking and eating your sucesses and mistakes, y'all will have to live at the gym.
Arana
Thanks, Mom. And I figured we should go for it and let Matt and Lisa know the joy that is Aunt Margaret's pound cake. Hopefully the next one will be even better. We'll see though. Thanks again. Love ya :)
Anyone wanna clue us in on who Arana is? I know its the fictional land one of my RPGs is set in, but that doesn't help :P
Post a Comment