Thursday, August 24, 2006

Productive Day

Turns out that changing your name and address on credit cards and cell phone bills is really easy! I was quite impressed that I got 3 things off of my list in less than 30 minutes! If only government stuff was this easy!

Dean and I now have our Georgia Licenses!! It took quite a while, but it was worth it. The wait wasn't long, but the computer system crashed while the lady was working on my information. We stood there long enough for the system to come back up. Luckily the lady helping us was very friendly and made the wait time bearable.

Our office is looking better and better every day! Today we cleaned up some of the clutter that was here when this was Dean's bedroom last year. Tomorrow I'm going to try to unpack some more boxes and set things up on my end of the desk. I think it's working out great!

Tonight I experimented with a recipe I found in one of my cookbooks. We had Honey BBQ Chicken and Potatoes with green beans and corn bread. It was very good! I did end up with a battle wound. I accidently burned myself on the oven, but don't worry, it's a very small and not too painful burn. Dean was sweet and did the dishes for me since I was injured. :-)

Dean's reading another paper. I start work on Monday. I have to go to Human Resources at 9AM and fill out some paperwork. That will be fun! At least I know that the lady I'll be spending time with on Monday is very nice. I've had to talk to her a few times on the phone.

I got to talk to Lorie for a bit today!! She's moving to Baltimore today so say an extra prayer for her. She was such a great MOH! I miss her! Don't worry, I miss you too! :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Productive Day was a good day. That was a smart move to get Dean to do the dishes. So you are now a "Georgie" Girl.