Happy Birthday Jack!
Happy Anniversary Jake & Amy!
Dean and I took advantage of the lovely weather here in Atlanta this weekend. On Saturday we went to Stone Mountain and hiked up the mountain. The hike was about a mile up the mountain, but some places were pretty steep. We had some great views of the city from the top and just spent some time taking in all the beautiful things around us. The climb down the mountain was a lot easier.
Today we went to church and afterward we walked to the MARTA station to take us to the Philips Arena to see an Atlanta Thrashers hockey game! This is the first ever hockey game that I had been to and let me tell you, it was interesting! The game is very violent with the pushing others into the wall and things like that, but in the first period, when fights would break out, the referees would let them duke it out until they were done and then take both parties to the penalty box. I could not believe what I was seeing. Two grown men would get mad, drop their sticks, take off their helmets and gloves and start punching each other. The worst part was, no one cared. They stood back and watched like it was perfectly normal! I was ready to throw in the towel and say I hate hockey, but luckily, after the first period, they started to break up the fights. We had a good time and the Thrashers beat the Calgary Flames 5-2!
I'll post some pictures later, but right now, I need to get in bed! Tomorrow starts another work week!
1 comment:
That is what hockey is all about, fights. That is the reason I don't like hockey. If I want to see a fight I would go to a fight. Then if I go to a fight a hockey game would break out.
Love You
Dad
Post a Comment