Stone Mountain is a big granite rock that is located near the Atlanta metro area. We usually see it from the sky when we fly in to Atlanta and on a clear day, I can see it from a road near my work!
Here are people climbing up one of the steeper parts of the trail.
The view of downtown Atlanta from the mountain! The left half is Downtown and the right half is Midtown (where we live.)
I'm almost at the top! The skyline is behind me.
Dean overlooking the city.
This is the Confederate Memorial Carving. It is on the opposite side of the mountain from where we hiked up. The carving is of three Confederate leaders of the Civil War, President Jefferson Davis and Generals Robert E.Lee and Thomas J."Stonewall" Jackson. The carving was completed in 1972.
1 comment:
I'm so glad you get to have a lot of fun. You and Dean deserve it!! I would like to have climbed with you. Maybe we will one day before you leave there. Hope I can make it!!
I don't think I am into hockey.
Love ya!
Post a Comment