Sunday, March 15, 2009

Birthdays!

Happy Birthday Adam!
Happy Birthday Neighbor Matt!

We had a really good weekend. It started off on Friday with a quiet evening at home.

On Saturday I let Dean play a video game while I cleaned up a bit around the apartment. I finally went through some of my dress clothes and got rid of things I never wear anymore or are too small. It was amazing some of the things I found in the back of the closet that I forgot I had! Saturday night we met up with one of my friends from a while back who I haven't seen in a long time and his wife. David & April were in down for the ACC tournament basketball games and we took them to a yummy BBQ place. It was great to catch up and we had a really fun time!

Sunday we went to church, then got our Camry's first oil change done. We then had a nice lunch and went on to the grocery store. This afternoon we couldn't move another inch without a nap. Boy do I miss naps. They're so much fun! We've been trying out a new video game this afternoon. It's a baseball Mario game and in our first ever attempt, we beat the computer 34-1!! I also had my first attempt at making an Angel Food Cake from scratch. Since strawberries have started to appear in the grocery store I had a hankering for some Strawberry Shortcake! The attempt wasn't bad. The cake had a good taste but wasn't as fluffy as I would have wanted, but not bad at all. I might even venture to say it was a success!

Tomorrow starts another week. I didn't post about this earlier, but I found out on Friday that my boss was being promoted! We're very excited for him, but we still don't know who our new manager will be and that part is a little scary. Pray that things will work out for the best. It really could go either way!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Try a little (about 2 teaspoons baking soda [I prefer Clabber Girl]) and 2 tablespoons lemon juice (RealLemon lemon juice).
Love
The Uncle