Monday, March 30, 2009

TRUE Story

I received a phone call from my mom tonight. She was calling to tell me that she got hit by deer. Yes, deer. Two deer to be exact. She's okay...that's the first thing I made sure of. Here's the story:

Mom is driving home from Bible study when she sees two deer jump across the street in front of her. She slows down when all of a sudden, two more deer run right into the side of her car! One deer hits the hood on the driver's side, denting the side, taking out the front light and breaking the windshield wipers. The second, runs into the diver's side door taking out the side mirror, cracking the glass in the door and rolls over my mom's car.

Like I said, she's okay. The car was still drivable, so she drove straight home. When she got home and started looking at the damages, she told me that there was hair everywhere! She was driving the smaller car, the Corolla, which was probably a blessing. I don't know if the deer that went over the top of the car would have cleared her other car.

I'm still shaking a little imagining how scary the situation must have been, but since everything's okay and it was a very random thing, it's a little funny too.

Thank you, God, for taking care of my mom! I hope that the deer were okay and that they never do that again!!

1 comment:

Dad said...

One correction, The deer ran into the drivers side, right at your mom. It took out the mirror.