Maybe it's the wonderful weather we're having here...mid-60s and 70s all weekend! Maybe it's because I feel like I'm getting somewhere with the project I am working on, but whatever it is, I'm in a pretty good mood today!
I ran out to the bank and Chickfila at lunch today and rediscovered something about myself. It's actually rather simple...I like nice people. I like interacting with people who care. I like being treated like I'm someone special even if I'm a complete stranger. I love surrounding myself with nice people.
The lady at the bank randomly told me that her lips hurt. When I asked why, she said it was because she ate shrimp at lunch and she's allergic to it. She said she knew she was allergic to it, but it looked so good so she ate it anyway! Then, at Chickfila, they're always friendly and say "my pleasure" when you thank them. But then I held the door open for a person that was heading out the door after me. He told me thank you twice, at each door, then he said "Have a good one!" I don't know if I've ever had a stranger tell me to "Have a good one" after I held the door for them. It just make my mood today even better!
I only wish I could always surround myself with nice people. I kind of imagine that's what Heaven will be like.
3 comments:
I'm really glad you had a nice day!
As for everybody in heaven being nice -- you've given me something to chew on! Thanks!
I'm glad you had a good day. I'm sure heaven will be so full of nice people we will be so happy we won't know what to do but be happy!!!
I'm glad people are being nice to my niece. I also hope you enjoy nice people here on earth for a long long long long. . .(I think you know where this is going) time.
Love
Post a Comment