Monday, March 02, 2009

Good News Times Two

Dean and I made it safely back to Atlanta today. Our plane that was scheduled to leave at 4:00pm actually left closer to 6:00, but either way we made it home safe and sound. There were several inches of snow on our car when we got to the airport. Most of the snow had melted that day and refroze to form a nice tough layer of ice. Other than some spots of white stuff, there were no signs of snow here.

After we got our computers back up and running again, (one of the first things we always do) we got our second good news of the day. Dean's two papers got accepted to the ISVLSI conference!! He will be heading down to Tampa, Florida in May to present his papers. Every accepted paper gets Dean even closer to being a doctor!

I guess there is another bit of news I can add to this post as well. On Thursday, it became official that I am going with Dean to Nice, France on April 22nd. We will be leaving Atlanta on a Wednesday and be flying back on a Monday. I've got to learn some French and study some about Nice before we head off for our trip. I'm looking forward to it.

4 comments:

Lorie said...

I'm so jealous! :-) But very happy to hear that there's some good news in spite of all the health problems and stresses of life you've had lately. It's about time!

Anonymous said...

I think it is nice that you get to go to Nice. Nice things should happen to a nice(++++) niece.
Love
The Uncle

The Uncle said...

I got an account so can just sign "Love" now.
Love

The Uncle said...

Congratulations to you (Doctor-in-waiting) Dean. Doc Dean has a nice ring to it.
Love