Monday, July 14, 2008

Tons!

This weekend Dean and I went to Richmond. It was a busy busy BUSY weekend. I'll try to let you in on everything that happened on each day:

Friday: I flew to Richmond from Atlanta. Dean flew from NY to Richmond via Philadelphia.

Saturday: We woke up early and went to Lisa and David's wedding. The wedding was beautiful! Lisa and Dean went to Clover Hill High School together so there were a lot of his old high school friends there. They are so much fun to hang out with. The reception went by so quickly because we had so much fun. After that wedding, Dean and I headed downtown for Michelle and Jamison's wedding. We had a little extra time so we drove around and saw the new VCU Engineering building and the addition to the "old" engineering building. It is amazing to see that school growing so much! Michelle's wedding was really pretty as well. We got to see some of our friends and actually a guy that went to VCU with us was a groomsman! After the wedding some of my friends had a little birthday party for Dean and me. We had a great time, talking and laughing like we were never apart!

Sunday: We went to Asbury and got to meet the new pastor there. He is a really nice guy and he had a wonderful message. His wife is really nice and his son is soooo adorable. I think he's about 2 years old and he has Down Syndrome. He is just a ball full of energy and just so cute! After church and seeing everyone, we went back to pack up everything then met my parents, Dean's parents and his grandparents at Topekas!! We had a yummy meal and yummy Ukrops cake! Next is where the really crazy stuff starts. When Dean and I got to the airport, he found out that his flight to Philadelphia was canceled, so they put him on a flight to Boston instead. There was bad weather North and South of Richmond. I found out that my flight was delayed, so they put me on the earlier flight which was leaving at about the same time my original one was supposed to. Dean had to go to one terminal and I went to the other. It was sad :-( Dean called to tell me he was boarding the plane. A few minutes later, I get a call from Dean. His plane was speeding down the runway for takeoff when all of a sudden, the engines stop. They take the plane back to the gate because a speed gauge was broken. Because of this delay, he was going to miss his connection in Boston. There were no other connecting flights, so Dean had to stay in Richmond another night. Meanwhile, in the other terminal, I found out that the first couple we saw get married, Lisa and David, were on the same plane as me to Atlanta! They were going to continue on to Orlando. It was neat to see them again even though we were delayed. By about 6:30 we were on the plane taxiing to the runway when the plane stops and we're told that Atlanta is not ready for us yet. So we wait for about 30-45 minutes before we're finally in the air! When we touched down in Atlanta, before we taxied too far, we were told that there were 70-100 planes were waiting for a gate!! The weather had delayed all flights in and out of Atlanta for several hours, so everything was backed up. We waited for almost 2 hours for a gate. They even came by and gave us cookies and water. The couple beside me were really nice so the time flew by. When we finally got the the gate, the terminal was full of people! I made my way towards baggage claim and searched for an hour for my luggage. After that, I stood in line for about another hour to be told my luggage was lost and they would call me tomorrow. At about 1am, I was driving home when Lisa called. They couldn't get a flight to Orlando until Tuesday. They decided to stay at a hotel that night and rent a car the next morning. I called around and found them a hotel that had a room available around the Georgia Tech area under $200. I went back to the airport and picked them up, helped them get some food and got them to their hotel. What a way to start their honeymoon! I got home around 2am and in bed around 2:20am! What a day!

Monday morning Dean was able to get his flight back to NY. I had a rough morning getting to work, but when I got there, I had a wonderful surprise for me! Dean had sent me FLOWERS!!! They are so beautiful and I really needed a pick-me-up!




















Despite it being a very busy and stressful weekend, I had a GREAT time!

No comments: