This morning I woke up at 6am and was out the door before 7am to drive downtown to Jury Duty. I parked in the Atlanta Braves Orange Lot and took a shuttle over to the Justice Building. I had to wait until 7:30 before I could enter through the metal detectors. We went to the 7th floor and waited...and waited...and waited. They called two groups of state jurors (my group), but they never called my name. Sometime after noon, after sitting in this room since 7:45am...I was let go! YAY! On the one hand I'm glad I don't have to be inconvenienced, but on the other, I think it'd be fun to be in the courtroom! Maybe next time I'm called, I'll get the chance. I really didn't want to be on a jury when I have to take so many trips to see my husband who is so far away!
So all in all, Jury Duty wasn't that bad. I got a rather quiet day of reading several chapters in my book done and got paid $25...which I should get in 2 weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment