I'm back in Atlanta and Dean is approximately 929 miles northeast of me in Cortlandt Manor, New York.
We had a very good road trip this weekend. The first leg of the trip went really well. We did manage to run over a shovel in the middle of I-85. We didn't notice it was a shovel until the very last minute. It scraped the bottom of Dean's car, but we didn't see any real damage. At one rest stop, a nice man told us we should stop having so much fun. We really enjoyed our little adventure together. It was nice for someone to see we were enjoying it. Traffic was good and there were a lot of cops, but we made it in 8.5 hours to Richmond. My mom made a wonderful dinner and Dean's parents and grandparents came over too. We had a fun time as always.
The second leg of the trip was a little more interesting because we either hadn't seen that area in awhile or never at all. Our first break on the trip was Fredericksburg, VA for some yummy Carl's Icecream! The next, was Baltimore, MD for lunch with Lorie and David J! That was a very nice break as well. From there, we practically flew through Delaware and we stopped at the New Jersey line. I had never been to New Jersey before and no offense to anyone, but New Jersey did not do a good job welcoming me. The rest area was horrible and the New Jersey Turnpike took forever to get off of. We had to pay a toll, but the cost was calculated by where you entered the highway. We had to wait in a long line to get through the toll! Finally, we were in New York. The city looked HUGE! The best way to describe it is that it looked just like the movies. I can't wait to visit and actually check out the city close up. We didn't stop in the city, but continued on to Yorktown Heights. At this point, we had been on the road for about 8 or 9 hours and we still had 3 apartments to look at before we called it a day. I acted as Dean's GPS and read maps and got him to all the destinations without any problems. He's going to get so lost without me!
This morning we checked out 2 more places. The last one we checked out was perfect! Everything that Dean was looking for was already set up and the family even have a little dog. His name is Pokey and he loved playing fetch. He even threw the ball back to you! Cute dog. Kind of reminded me of Laura's dog, Brutus! Dean and I left the house and looked at the price and said that is definitely it. Before we even got out of the neighborhood, we had called the lady back and put his name on it. The apartment is in a town called Cortlandt Manor. It was such a cute little area with a farmer's market and other cute little stores. I was very sad to have to leave. It will be a fun place to explore.
I got back to Atlanta around 6. Dean had to do some shopping for his apartment, but I think he's getting settled in just fine. We're both completely worn out from out trip and all the running around. I am actually looking forward to work tomorrow and getting settled into a new routine. I am going to try to stay busy. When I'm just sitting here at home I'm really missing Dean. Is it September yet?
Pictures to come...I don't have enough energy tonight to post. There will also be pictures from our Richmond trip and Sara's graduation as well.
1 comment:
YAY, brutus got a shout out in your blog! I think any place with a brutus twin is a good place to live! :) I am sure you will miss Dean, but I know you will do just fine on your own for a few months too--and you know what they say...distance just makes the heart grow fonder!!! :)
~Laura
Post a Comment