Thursday, December 07, 2006

Traffic Headache

I work 20-25 minutes away from home. In the afternoons I leave work around 5:45pm. I get home between 6:00 - 6:30pm. There was one time where the traffic was really bad because of a game or something downtown and it took me 50 minutes. Today...it took me 2 HOURS!!! Yes, for 2 HOURS I sat in traffic, inched up a little at a time, and tried to remain calm. I talked to Dean, Lorie, and my parents.

I was so afraid there was going to be a big accident up ahead. I saw signs for 4 to 5 lanes closed and ramps closed. It was tough. What happened was a bus caught on fire. Luckily only the driver was on board. He smelled smoke, so he parked his bus in the HOV lane and called the police. All lanes, both ways on 85 were closed for awhile. When I finally got past the scene of the fire, there were two lanes open and tons of lights from emergency vehicles lined both sides of the road. It was crazy. I'm so lucky to be home and safe.

Here's a picture:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thank God that my baby was safe. You are an excellent driver. Hope this doesn't happen again, but you do live in Atlanta.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. That's wild. :-O