As you've probably already read below, Heather and I went to see Michael W Smith and the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra in concert last night. And you've also heard what a wonderful concert it was. What you haven't heard are some of the incredibly funny comments my wife had regarding the theater and the concert. Allow me to tell the tale.
So we're walking into the theater. It's very fancy with earth tones and arches and sculptures and such. Heather comments, "This is just like the Byrd theater." Confused, I take a second look around and then ask her why. She replies, "Because its old." Being the gentleman that I am, I smack my forehead and ask, "So its just like Annie , the metric system, and Jupiter then?" Heather, of course, had stopped listening at the forehead smack :)
(Annie, for those who don't know, is Heather's church's oldest member at 92 and a dear friend of the Kyle family)
Later, we're in our seats, the symphony has played a few songs, and MWS has come out and is playing his first song. Heather leans over and comments, "It's just like listening to a CD, except they're here, playing live." I reply with, "Yay, the concert is playing in CD quality!" She responds with the 'If I didn't love you I'd hit you' look (I know we're all familiar with that one) before returning her attention to the performance.
Bottom line, the concert was great, and it was even better because I got to share the experience with the quirky love of my life ;)
1 comment:
LOL!!
What a great story. :-)
Post a Comment