Sunday, December 31, 2006

Goodbye 2006!

First of all, I would like to apologize to Dean's cohort, Jeff. This Christmas season has been crazy with traveling and work, and I accidentally forgot to post on December 28th...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEFF!!! :-)

Dean and I got home safely and I went back to work. Things are going well and I'm learning some new software with some other of my coworkers. It's a lot of fun. I had to work Saturday :-/ It actually wasn't that bad. I have to make up the 2 extra days I took off for Christmas on Saturdays since my vacation time doesn't start until March.

Saturday was actually a really good day. I worked from 9-5 then Dean came up to Norcross and we went to Fry's Electronics. Imagine a Walmart sized electronics store with every component you need to make a computer to DVDs, TVs, and refrigerators! It is a very nice place! Dean and I got some speakers, part of his Christmas present from his parents. We also decided to eat at this really good BBQ place I went to with the AMI guys called Smokey Bones. The food was really good and we got a FREE dessert! YAY! (Good thing #1). Then...we went to Home Depot. Before Christmas we were there and I saw this really really cute snowman family in a little bucket that had "Let it snow" painted on it. I just loved it! I decided not to get it when it was around $20. Well...they had Christmas stuff 50% off and I saw it again. Dean saw how much I liked it and couldn't tell me no, so we decided to get it. When checking out, there was no price tag to be seen. The cashier must have had a long day because he just put the snowman family in our bag and didn't charge us! YAY more free stuff (Good thing #2). We got back home and we got to watch...OUR WEDDING VIDEO!!! Dean's cousin Lisa had some technical difficulties, but we finally got a copy and let me tell you, it's FANTASTIC! I was crying and laughing and it was more than I could have hoped for. We're going to get some more copies soon, so I might need to start taking names of people who would like a copy :-) (Good thing #3).

Today, the last day of 2006 has been a restful one. Dean and I are finally able to relax after Christmas vacation and it is very much needed. It's been raining all day here. If it stops later on, we might head out to the roof of one of the engineering buildings on campus to see some fireworks. We'll have to see.

Before I end, I just want to mention that earlier today, Dean and I were sitting around thinking of the great things that have happened in 2006. What we have come up with is that we are so wonderfully blessed. From our wedding and honeymoon to moving to having so many get-togethers with friends and family, 2006 is definitely a good one to remember. We can not wait to see what 2007 holds for us.

Happy New Year to you from Atlanta! May 2007 be a wonderful year for you! :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Dean and Heather Lewis! May you be very blessed this year and may next year find you closer and deeper in love with each other and in your walk with God. :-)

Anonymous said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR to both you guys and many many more. 2007 in Atlanta will be great.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the slightly late happy birthday wish, and here is a very late happy new year's wish! Happy new year!