Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Homeward Bound

Dean and I are in the wonderful Richmond International Airport awaiting our plane trip back to Atlanta. We're both exhausted from our wonderful trip and we're not looking forward to getting back to "business as usual." I have to go to work tomorrow. I'd rather have a day off to sleep!

We arrived in Richmond on Thursday night and went to the exact place that Dean proposed to me a year ago. It was a lot of fun. We had our picture taken there. I'll have to try to upload the picture later.

Friday we did some last minute Christmas shopping, visiting with both sets of parents and we had a friend get together that night. We had a pot luck. We ate and talked, played games and watched a movie. It was so much fun just to sit back and see everyone enjoying the company of each other. It's really hard being away from them all.

Saturday was the Lewis Family Christmas. We had a yummy lasagna and opened presents with the parents, grandparents, brother, brother's girlfriend and puppies. I got a digital picture frame, a picture of Atlanta, and Puppies for Dummies. Dean got a video game, a Dilbert book, and some tools. We both got many more gifts, but those were just a few.

Sunday, Christmas Eve, we went to church and got to relax a bit. We watched some old home videos I had of when I was 8 years old. It was rather cute if I do say so myself. I got to show Dean some video of my grandpa, so that was good. We went to the 10:30 service at church. Dean and I lit the advent wreath and we lit candles in a circle while singing songs.

Monday, Christmas Day, Dean and I woke up and went to open presents from my parents. It was fun to run down the stairs yelling, "It's Christmas!" I got an electronic Sudoku game, clothes, and a gift card to Kohl's! Dean got some tools, a toaster, and a frying pan. Again, we got a lot more than that, but it's just a sample. Uncle Ray, Aunt Scottie and Sara came over for Chirstmas Dinner. We had ham! Yummy! It was great to be with family and especially great to have Aunt Scottie well enough to visit. After they left, we went to see Annie and then went to Dean's grandparents for some more family fun. We got to watch the two kids, Annabelle and Charlie open presents. They are growing up so fast!

Today, Dean and I ran some errands and packed up all of our loot. We met Lorie, David J and Amber at Cheeburger Cheeburger for lunch. We then hung out with them and both sets of parents before heading to the airport.

This was the first ever Christmas I spent in Virginia. It was definitely different, but not in a bad way. It was great to see everyone and celebrate Jesus' Birthday. This was also Dean and my first Christmas together as husband and wife. I can't wait to spend each and every Christmas from now on with him as well.

Once again, Merry Christmas all! I hope you had a great holiday!! :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We were glad you guys could be here for Christmas. Look forward to your next trip.