Greetings from Richmond!! Dean and I are having a wonderful visit! We flew in on Thursday morning after waking up very early! The flight was great, but the landing was a little scary. I heard the landing gear coming out from under the plane, but we were still in a cloud! I couldn't see the ground!! Finally, about a minute before we hit ground, I could see the airport! It was so wonderful driving back home. I can't really explain the feeling, but it's wonderful to be back in my "old stompping grounds" and to know where roads go and how to get places and it's just great! :-)
We had Thanksgiving Dinner at my parents place. My uncle, aunt and cousin came over for the meal and stayed and chatted. It was so great!
Friday I went out shopping with mom and dad really early! We just went out to have fun and it was! We played tag team with the line. We were in line for a total of 1 hour and 10 minutes at Kohls!! We went from there to Chickfila for breakfast and then the mall. Mom and I went off in one direction and met up with Dean's mom and grandmother. The whole time we were shopping...Dean was sleeping in! He went out with his best man, Jeff, to his favorite mexican restaurant and then hung out together. I had to take a nap before I could function again. We had a get together with friends and we had a wonderful time. Thanks for coming guys!
Today we're doing Thanksgiving Dinner with Dean's side of the family. We're having a Lewis traditional, fried oysters. Luckily, they're having ham too! Fried oysters do NOT taste like chicken. :-)
Hope everyone is having a safe and happy holiday!! We'll be back in Atlanta tomorrow night. Time flies when you're having fun!
2 comments:
So, how long am I going to be known as "best man"? I definitely prefer cohort. Anyway, it was good to see you Dean. Heather: I'm sorry I missed you completely.
I suppose we can go back to cohort at some point, but I'm thinking you need to come to GaTech for PhD work first so we can do some more cohort-y stuff again.
I'm not sure fried oysters are really a Lewis TG tradition. We just realized that we were all getting turkey elsewhere, so why not deviate and have something really different and really good for our TG. Seems reasonable to me. And I think we need to get your dad's opinion before we decide if they taste like chicken or not :-P
Post a Comment