Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Unexpected Visitor

Happy Birthday Annabelle!

Today I was cleaning up the bouquet of flowers that Dean got me 2 weeks ago...yes, TWO weeks ago! These are some hardy flowers! While weeding out the dead stems from the live ones, we stumbled upon a caterpillar! He must have been there the whole time! We named him Buddy and quickly relocated him to the great outdoors near some flowering bushes.

I also made the observation today that Atlanta is missing one important thing that New York already has. There are signs at every intersection stating, "Don't Block the Box." Basically, if you're stuck in traffic and can't go anywhere, don't pull into the middle of the intersection blocking people coming in from the road perpendicular from you. Atlantans DON'T understand this one courteous gesture. Today I was waiting at the stop light to come out of my apartment complex. This light is extremely long because 10th street is a thousand times busier than our little complex. After waiting about 3 minutes behind another resident, the light finally turns green for us, but there's no place to go! The guy in front of me sticks his nose out onto 10th just in time for our light to turn yellow. I decided that if I had to wait another 3 minutes, I would turn around and go home. Instead, I took a right and went the longer less direct way to get on the interstate.

The very first thing I learned when I started "Behind the Wheel" in high school was a driver must have "a willingness to share the road." I still remember it perfectly to this day and I thry to practice that too. Common Courtesy...it should be used more often.

I feel better after venting! Now back to packing for Richmond!! We leave tomorrow night! :-)

2 comments:

Lorie said...

the visitor sounded pretty cute :-)

I like hardy flowers -- I think that's one of my favorite things about daisies.

The Uncle said...

I'm following you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!