Monday, April 13, 2009

Birthday and then some...

Happy Birthday Uncle Kevin! :-)

Yesterday Dean and I went swimming at the Georgia Tech pool. I have probably mentioned it before, but it is the pool from the 1996 Summer Olympics in Atlanta! It's really neat to be swimming where the best in the world have been. Yesterday I also got to go where the best divers in the world (at least in 1996) have been! Dean and I both jumped off of the 3 meter spring board! To Dean it was nothing. To me, it was a BIG DEAL! I'm not scared of heights, or water or diving boards. I am, however, scared of falling. I kept my eyes shut the whole time and I didn't even scream! I shook the whole time I was up there and for 5-10 minutes after. I did it once and I don't plan on doing it again. I am a little excited that I did it though!

Today I had a follow up appointment when my ENT for my ear issue. I still can hear my heart pounding in my ear, or as the doctor called it, I have "Pulsatile Tinnitus." Since the antibiotics and steroids didn't fix my problem, the doctor said it can be 2 things. The first, it could be just some random thing that happens mostly in women where the artery beside the middle ear pulsates causing me to hear my heart beat. The second, it could be something worse in which the chances are 1 in a million. He didn't elaborate on what the worse is. So, long story short, I the doctor has scheduled for me to have an MRA on my head and neck and an MRI on my brain and brain stem. I don't know when all of this will be. He said most likely everything will come back normal and I'll just have to deal with the Pulsatile Tinnitus. I guess I can deal with that, as long as there's nothing worse!

I have a ton to do between now and Thursday night when we leave for Richmond. Can't wait for all the wedding festivities to begin!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are coming to Richmond? Score! If you have free time, stop on by :)

Anonymous said...

opps that last post was by me, Laura :-p