This morning I went to have my allergy skin test done at my allergist. Dean was a sweet husband and went with me. First they pricked my back with a whole bunch of allergens. Then, I felt a burning and itching sensation for around 30 minutes. After that, they gave me little injections on my arm (around 12) of the things that didn't burn and itch on my back and much as the others. Those then burned and itched on my arm for around another 3o minutes. Then, my doctor came in to tell me I am the allergy winner for today. I was allergic to ALL of the allergens I was tested for. I like being a winner, but I don't think this is a good thing to win.
Here's the list of things I am allergic to from most allergic to least:
-Dust Mites
-Cats
-Dogs :-(
-Cockroaches (wow, I never thought about being allergic to them)
-Grasses:
Bahia
Bermuda
Timothy
Fescue
Johnson
June
-Trees:
Red Oak
Birch
Elm
Sycamore
Willow
Hickory
Red Maple
Red Cedar
-Ragweed (Giant & Short)
-Mold (Mildew):
Alternaria
Helminthosporium
Cladosporium
Penicillium
Epicoccum
Curvularia
I always knew I had allergies, but I never knew that I was allergic to EVERYTHING :-P
So, I talked with my doctor after all the itching and I think I've decided to take allergy injections. The biggest reason for my decision is Dean. Yes, Dean. See...Dean and his whole family are dog lovers. Because of the family and especially Millie & Peaches and now there's Sadie and the newest addition, Rennie...I have become a dog lover myself. Dean and I will be dog owners one day and for me to really appreciate having a dog around, I should try the shots. It's going to be inconvenient and a little costly, though if I can get off of allergy meds, that would save us money in the long run, but I think it will be worth it. The injections will be pretty frequent for awhile then slow down. I will be on them for around 3-5 years.
So that has been my day so far. I'm taking the rest of the day off from work to let my back and arm recover from the stress they were under this morning. Thank you for all the prayers and well wishes!
2 comments:
Ewwww! Sounds like a not-fun time. BUT, I'm glad there's something you can do about it!
Poor Baby,
I knew you had allergy problems, but not that bad. I'm sure you will feel so much better once you get used to the injections.
I love you.
Mom
Post a Comment