Monday, October 01, 2007

Weekend Getaway

Dean and I had a wonderful time in Jacksonville!! It was really windy, so the water was choppy, but Dean got to drive a jet ski and he had a fun time after it took awhile to get everything straight. Apparently my cousin forgot to put the plugs in, so Dean's jet ski was in the middle of the lake, sinking, and it wouldn't start. My cousin had to tow him in and drain it out. He had fun after that. He also got to jump off of their dock. It is 15-20 feet high. Dean loved it! We had a lot of fun and a lot of food and good times with family. Dean has finally met all my Florida relatives and I think they like him :-) Happy Birthday to my cousin Maverick whose birthday we celebrated on Sunday and congratulations to my other cousin Matt and his fiance! (they were engaged in August)

First the first 2 hours of the trip home today, we followed my parents who were on their way to Myrtle Beach for a week. I drove and had to make a really quick maneuver once that involved an exit and an 18-wheeler. It was ok and we all survived and nothing too dangerous happened. We ate lunch with my parents and we headed West while they headed North. Dean let me stop at an outlet mall and go to Eddie Bauer on the way home. I have the best husband!

Now that we're home, I've found out that I have a bee sting on my big toe. It's been itching like crazy and I thought it was just a bug bite, but I looked online today and I'm sure that's what it is now. I'm keeping ice on it.

Please keep praying for baby Erykah. The doctors have decided not to escalate treatment anymore. Her vitals have been getting worse all weekend and nothing has been able to fix it. Please pray for her and her family. I wish there was more I could do.

On a lighter note. Dean said he left his cell phone in my car when we were unloading it. After dinner, I decided to be a good wife and go get it for him. I got to the car and couldn't find it. I called his phone and didn't hear it ring. I called Dean on the apartment phone and asked questions such as, "Are you sure it is in the car?, " "Where was the last place you saw it?," "Why did you leave it in the car?" I told him it's not in the car, but I was going to call again and I want him to listen in the apartment to see if he can hear it. We hung up and I called again. I called the apartment again and Dean said he didn't hear it. After asking some more questions, I had an idea that it might have fallen in our trash bag from the car ride. He said that it was in the trash can outside of our apartment. I called the phone again and sure enough...I heard his phone ringing in the TRASHCAN!!! Dean could look out the apartment window and see me at the trashcan. I called him again and pointed at the trashcan. He asked if I wanted him to come down and get it and I said no, I'd be brave. Luckily, the bag Dean threw away was on the top of the trashcan and it wasn't too too disgusting. The things you do for the one you love!

No comments: