Dean flew out on Tuesday morning to go to his conference in Santa Clara, CA. Don't worry, it is North of all the wild fires, so Dean is safe. Today he presented his paper to the conference. Tomorrow, he presents to Intel! He's actually at dinner right now with the Intel people. When Dean flew in to San Francisco, he went to pick up his rental car. The lady behind the counter said that he had a minivan. Dean joked with her that a minivan is no fun. She then said that she had a Jeep. Dean laughed and said, "I thought you were going to give me a convertible." Long story short, Dean is having a wonderful time driving around California in his CONVERTIBLE! I told him to make sure to take pictures of him all dressed up, sunglasses on and in the convertible with the top down! Can't wait to see that.
I really miss my husband, but I'm so proud of him. I've been doing well being alone. I went out to dinner with Rebecca tonight, so that was very fun. The rest of the time I've been catching up on phone calls to friends and packing for my trip this weekend. I'm leaving tomorrow morning really early and flying to Richmond for the annual women's retreat! I didn't get to go last year because of work and everything, but I'm going this year! We're going to Massanutten Ski Resort. There's no snow there yet, but there are other things that we can do to have fun. I'm really looking forward to it.
Dean flies home Saturday morning. I fly back Sunday night. I'm so excited for this weekend and I'll be so excited to see Dean again. We went through too much time apart before we were married and I didn't like it then. It feels a little different now that we're married and I know he'll be coming home to me soon. I still miss him though. I guess that means we're still in the honeymoon stage of our marriage! Yay for us! :-)
A few early celebrations since I won't have internet access this weekend:
Happy Birthday Megan!! (Friday)
Congratulations Bert!! (Bert is my coworker and he's getting married on Saturday!)
No comments:
Post a Comment