Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Leavin on a jet plane...

I think I've been too caught up in everything going on lately to post about my Uncle Art on here. He is the one that was in the hospital in January with an aneurysm on his heart. Well...he was finally strong enough to have his surgery on Tuesday. The surgery went well. They removed 1/3 of his heart that contained the aneurysm with multiple blood clots. They also did a double bypass. Everything went well. He even had his respirator removed the same evening and was talking. Today he was looking back to normal and out of ICU! Thank you for your prayers. Prayer works!

Dean's technically on Spring Break this week. That doesn't mean much to a grad student since he's still working every day. We ate dinner with some of his fellow research students and some professors last night. It's a good group of people. We really fit in with the engineering crowd!

I finished my first major project at work today and sent off the official email! It was quite exciting! I'm actually looking forward to the next project.

Tomorrow night we head out for Richmond! Dean's going to help out at the IEEE Southeast Conference Robotics Competition. He's excited. I get to hang out with my parents and relax in the familiar surroundings of my old stompin' grounds. I am really looking forward to it. I also get to take my first vacation day from work! I get paid for doing nothing! YAY!!!

No comments: