Wednesday, March 28, 2007

The Good With The Bad

Things have been pretty busy around here lately. Dean and I headed home to Richmond for a 3 day weekend. The trip was nice. I got to catch up with some of my friends. I even had a ladie's day out when Dean was at the robotics competition. It was great! I was soooo exhausted on the way home.

Dean had to get back on another plane (or two) yesterday. He had to go to Austin, Texas for a conference for school. I miss him like CRAZY!! It's our first time apart since the wedding. It's hard, but I feel safe here and am just going on with working and keeping myself occupied at home in the evenings. He comes home tomorrow!!! I'm excited!

So today at work, I am working on my project when Melissa, the shipping department person came to the door and told me I had a package on my desk. I went to see what it was and it was FLOWERS!!! From my wonderful, handsome, adorable, thoughtful husband!! There were a TON of beautiful tulips. I just love tulips. There were pink ones and purple ones. We I saw them and the note inside that said he misses me like crazy and loves me with all his heart, I had to shed a few happy tears. The guys at work didn't quite know what to do with me! I was giddy all day! I miss you Deano!!

Unfortunately, you have to take the good with the bad. I found out today that the associate dean of VCU's School of Engineering passed away yesterday. It was a big surprise to everyone. He had a stroke on Saturday and passed away yesterday. He was a wonderful person, a great teacher and so passionate about the engineering students. The SoE will experience a great loss. I remember the last two times I saw Mr. Cregger. We hadn't seen each other in a while and he said "Hi Heather," gave me a hug and kissed me on top of my head. He was proud of the students. He thought it was great that Dean and I met at VCU and got married. I'll miss seeing him during our visits. Most of all, I feel sorry for the future VCU engineering students that won't get to know this special guy.

No comments: