Saturday, January 06, 2007

When it rains, it pours...

Greetings from Richmond! Dean and I got in real late on Friday since there was bad weather there all day, most of the flights were delayed a bit. I think I'll start with the good news, then get to the bad. I hope I can find a way to end on a good note. Just brace yourselves for a few prayer requests.

First off...CONGRATULATIONS RYAN AND LIZ!! Today was their wedding day. It was a very beautiful wedding! We got to see Hoan and hang out with Eddie and Sherri at the reception. First Eddie, then me and Dean and finally Ryan. I can't believe the engineers are all getting married off. I guess Hoan or Jeff is next ;-)

Now, the not so good stuff. Friday morning early, Dean's grandfather was admitted to the hospital. I'll try to get all the medical stuff correct. His atrium was beating really fast. They got that to slow down and the blood chemistry said that he possibly had a mild heart attack. They are keeping him in the hospital and will do a heart cath on Monday with possible surgery after that. He is doing well right now, just bored because he doesn't normally sit around that much.

When Dean and I woke up this morning. Geoff, Dean's brother, told us that Dean's dad was taken to the hospital this morning. He had a blood clot in his leg and he was starting to feel the tingling sensation. His other leg did this two summers ago and he had surgery on that. They are going to have to do the surgery again on this leg now. It will be sometime next week, probably Monday or Tuesday. He's doing well too. Just a little bored and wanting to get it over with.

Finally, I got word today that my Uncle Art was having congestive heart failure. They took him from the hospital near by to one a few hours away. He has fluid around his heart and a blood clot in his lung. They will probably be able to dissolve the clot after they get the fluid off of his heart.

Dean and I are "doing the rounds," going to the two hospitals here for our patients in Virginia and we're playing phone tag for the one in West Virginia. We have to go back to Atlanta tomorrow. I really really don't want to leave when things are so shakey around here, but there's not much we can really do about that. Please pray. Prayer works miracles and God is the ultimate healer. Dean and I are doing well considering. Just trying to do as much as possible.

Good news...I guess I'll end with God is good! Hope everyone else is doing well.

No comments: