Friday, January 19, 2007

An old saying...

So, the old saying that you should floss your teeth to keep them and your gums healthy...yeah, that turned out bad for me. Wednesday night I was flossing and one of my old fillings popped out. It was one that was on the side of my tooth and it became loose and just fell out. That doesn't make me happy...

Since the move, we have new everything. When we signed up for the insurance plan through my work, we picked a dentist. I was looking into the dentist earlier this week since Dean and I are both due for our 6 month cleaning and found some very bad reviews of this dentist office. I went online and changed our dentist. If only I had done that a little sooner. The insurance company apparently has to put you on a special list for each dentist and we won't be on the new dentist's list until Feb 1st. (Don't worry, I'm getting to the point of all this background information)

Wednesday night, filling in hand, I call the new dentist office and leave a message. Next day, they say they can't see me because I'm not on their "list," even if it's a semi-emergency. So I call the dentist I signed up for first. They're not opened on Thursdays. So I leave a message for them to call me Friday. I also had a few conversations with the insurance company to see if there's anything else they can do for me since this is pretty important, but no, they can't. This morning I wait for a response from my message, but...no call. I call them and they can't see me until Monday morning. Apparently, no one will help you out unless you're in pain. I can't even remember how many times I was asked if I was in pain.

One thing I've learned from moving to GA, and it may be just moving in general, but it's really really hard to get into the system in GA. Whether it's the residency, vehicle registration, or doctors that require your insurance...it's tough. But, according to one Georgian that I talked to, once you're in, you're good. Let's hope so.

Please pray for this whole situation. I'm not too worried about them actually fixing it, I just want it to be over. I'm watching what I eat and chewing on my right side only and it's really inconvenient. I just don't want to do anything to hurt it more. That and I'll be missing some hours at work which I have to make up since my sick and vacation days do not start until Feb 28th. Just watch me be completely healthy then. That'd be nice! :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is life,you better get used to it, girl.

Anonymous said...

There is a saying:
You don't have to floss all your teeth
Just the ones you want to keep

Love