Saturday, March 06, 2010

Florida!

Happy Birthday David D! (2/28)

Last weekend Dean and I took a mini vacation to Jacksonville, Florida. We had so much fun and ate so much food!!

On Saturday night we had a big family steak dinner!! There were 12 of us (and a baby) around the dinner table. I knew we were all getting together, but I didn't find out until the meal was ready that the dinner was for ME!!! I was dressed up in a white boa and had a chocolate fountain! We celebrated my promotion!! It was so much fun. My parents and in-laws were asked to give me a call during dinner. It made the promotion feel real! I love my family!!

















After the yummy yummy meal, we played a game called LRC (or LCR...I don't remember). We each put in 3 dollars and would roll die and either keep our money or hand it off to the left, center or right. It was quite a game and my cousin Marshall ended up winning the 33 dollars!

I got to meet one of my newest cousins! Below is a picture of Makenzie and her mom, Tatiana. Makenzie was the little baby born in October that I asked for a lot of prayers for. She is such a happy and adorable baby! Here she was looking up at the fan!





















After church on Sunday we took a boat ride over to Whitey's Restaurant. The food was very good and all of the family again were able to gather for a meal. I just love my Florida family!

After dinner, we took a cruise around the lake trying to find an alligator for Dean. Here Dean is sunning in the beautiful weather while the Floridians are all bundled up. The weather was absolutely beautiful!
















This picture is for my mom. We didn't see any alligators, but we did see lots of birds!





















I just love visiting Florida!

No comments: