Friday, September 11, 2009

Apartment Updates!

Happy Birthday Patrick! (9/10)

I think it's safe to say we've settled in the new apartment. We like it a lot and are really proud of our new additions to the place.

Here are some pictures of the apartment before we moved in.

We're an even number now!














Here's one of the major differences between our old apartment and the new one. Here you see the kitchen with the pantry, laundry area, and A/C closet from left to right. In our old apartment, the door would be where the laundry area is.














Now, we have a BIG entrance way and more wall space! Our door is in the right of the picture. We no longer have a dining nook, but we have enough room for the table in this area.














I will post pictures of the completed apartment once I get my wonderful husband to finish putting up our pictures :-) *hint hint*

In other news, I would like to announce once again that God is GOOD!! On Tuesday I was driving to work. I was a few blocks from home and excited to finally taking the newly re-opened 14th Street Bridge. The light ahead had been green for a while. I was in the left lane, a red car was in the middle, and a taxi in the right. Suddenly, an orange car decides he has the right to turn left on a green light (no arrow) right in front of traffic! I had enough room, so I didn't have to slam on my breaks, but I honk at him because he is not supposed to go. He drives right in front of me, just misses the back of the red car beside me and runs straight into the side of the taxi! He was going fast enough that his car bounces off the taxi and comes really REALLY close to hitting my car. I really don't know how I didn't get hit. All I know is that God had some guardian angels watching over me at that moment. I know that I should have stopped because I saw the whole accident, but after our accident, anything like that makes me so scared. There were a lot of people at the intersection, so I hope that others who were in a better state of mind stopped to help and be witnesses. I was shook up for a good while, but after the initial fear left me, all I could feel was gratitude that I was not involved. To face my fears, every other day this week, I have taken the same way to work. I approach the intersection a little more slowly, but I just have to keep driving.

Dean and I are going to the Yellow Daisy Festival at Stone Mountain Park tomorrow. There are going to be over 500 vendors selling their arts and crafts. We really enjoy getting outside and doing different things. We're also playing on staying for the Laser Show. It's supposed to be really good!

No comments: