Dean and I went home to Richmond this past weekend. We had a wonderful time visiting with family and getting to see a lot of friends. We had a graduation party for Lorie and a lot of people showed up! I got to see some old high school friends and two of our friends little baby girls! The trip went well and we had lots of fun.
On Monday when I started my first load of laundry for the week, the washing machine filled up with clothes, soap and water and then decided to stop working. I first tried to wring all the wet clothes out and put them in the dryer. Well, there was way too much water, so the dryer started to leak. I hauled the wet and heavy clothes into the bathroom and put them in our bathtub. I then had to rinse and wring out all the clothes so that we won't have soap stains on our nice clothes. After wringing them out, I had to hang them all up in our little bathroom to dry with 2 fans on them! Dean and I decided we had done way too much work so we should treat ourselves to dinner. After dinner, the clothes were dry enough to run through the washing machine. It took not one, not two, but two and a half cycles in the dryer for the clothes to be dry!
Today, our washing machine was fixed! The first load runs through perfectly and I put them in the dryer. The second load didn't get that far. The washing machine stopped again. Dean and I turned knobs, unplugged the machine, and did anything else we could think of. We finally gave up and set down after pulling all the wet and heavy clothes out of the washing machine. After a while I decide to mess with the knobs again and...it works! The second load is in the washer. Loads number 3 and 4 are in line. I don't know how we got so much laundry piled up!
No comments:
Post a Comment