I have a lot of updating to do and a lot of picture uploading too! Unfortunately I probably won't get around to picture uploading tonight. I'm pretty exhausted after a long day at work and doing laundry tonight. At least our washer is working!!
This past weekend was amazing! It all started Thursday night when we decided to go to the Braves game. We won AND there was a fireworks show after the game! They have an awesome show and it's so close!
I always like Fridays, but I really REALLY like when I get paid and don't have to go to work on Fridays! Dean was wonderful to me on Friday and let me go shopping and bring him along! He doesn't mind me shopping, but doesn't like going himself. We went to the mall with Kohls! Then we went to another mall! It was so much fun! I got a lot of good deals! Since Dean came with me shopping, we went to see the Transformers movie. It was pretty good. I also took Dean to this restaurant that I go to near my work since we were in the area. I think he might be coming to visit me at lunchtime soon ;-)
On Saturday we ran some errands which included getting bigger pots for our plants. Our Poinsettia, yes the one from TWO Christmases ago, was growing out of its pot. There were roots coming out of the bottom and the pot was starting to crack! Both plants look mighty happy now. I bet they'll be happy to have a yard to grow in one day. Saturday evening we heading to the top of one of the buildings here at Georgia Tech. We had possibly the best view in all of Atlanta of the fireworks! We saw two professional shows being put on as well as several other little ones all around the city. We had a 360 view of all that was going on. We got some really good pictures too!
On Sunday we decided to spend some time recovering from all the fun of the weekend. It was very nice and relaxing.
We found out today that Dean has to go to Chicago in two weeks for a meeting. The meeting is on Friday, so I'm going to go up and we're going to spend the weekend in the Windy City! I'm so excited. I don't know much about what to do there, but I've got some time to do some research. Let me know if you have any ideas! I definitely want to see Wrigley Field and the Sears Tower. We're trying to make the most of all these opportunities Dean is getting in grad school.
Finally, I'll leave you with this...our birthdays are coming up soon!!! Sunday and Monday! We're going to be in Atlanta this year so it's going to be a little different. We've talked about several things to do to celebrate, but I'm not sure what we'll end up doing. All I know for sure right now is that something has happened to my husband. He already has my birthday gift. It's already wrapped and I am sitting here staring at it wondering what it is. This is NOT like my husband at all! This is the guy that has been known to give me gifts weeks late! I think some of my habits are rubbing off on him. While I'm on the topic, here's another thing that's strange. Dean used to always sleep in until like noon on Saturdays and I would always get up and go watch tv or something. Now HE'S waking up early and I'M sleeping in! I know we've almost been married for 3 years, but I thought it would take longer for us to turn in to each other!
Enough for tonight!
1 comment:
I liked this post! I'm glad you had a good weekend!!
Post a Comment