Sunday, March 02, 2008

Or Maybe It Happened This Way...

So most of you reading this blog will remember this past summer when my car was broken into and almost stolen. Everyone was amazed that the would-be thieves were so inept as to fail at stealing a 14 year old car. My dad said it; the cop said it; the tow guy said it; the repair shop said it; various other family and friends said it. I always just thought my little car was tougher than most give it credit for. Well, maybe not.

Most of you reading this blog also know I've been having battery problems. With Heather's car down here as well, my car sees very little driving, so I've been tending towards needing jumps much too frequently. I needed one two Valentine's back, needed one early this year, and, most importantly, one this past summer. So now I'm thinking, maybe the thieves didn't fail at picking the ignition. Perhaps my car was simply out of juice and they had no way to get it started. It makes me smile thinking about how they would have reacted after managing to break in and mangle the ignition, just to have the engine choke a little and die. It's a small bit of revenge after what they did to me and my car :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, Dean you are one lucky boy.
You didn't get your car stolen, you have the most wonderful wife, lucky you, you have a wonderful family with wonderful dogs, you have a fantastic education, lucky you and you are so lucky to have a wonderful mother-in-law!!!! Lucky you!!!!