Monday, July 16, 2007

Richmond Trip

On Wednesday night, Dean and I flew out of Atlanta and landed in Richmond around 9:30. My parents picked us up and took us to the Lewis household where we stayed during this visit. After a little bit of chatting, we got to bed around midnight.

Thursday was my birthday!! I decided that I wanted to go to Kohls and shop! We went to not only one, but TWO Kohl's stores!! In the second store, I caught up with my mom and got to shop with her for a bit. We always love shopping together. Dean and I also went bowling! I have been wanting to go for awhile, so this was a perfect time to go! Dean beat me the first game, then I came back and won the second even though Dean got a turkey (3 strikes in a row) in the 10th frame. To end the day, I got my wish of a birthday dinner at Topeka's with Dean, Mom, Dad, Uncle Ray, Aunt Scottie, and Sara. Unfortunately, Patrick couldn't make it. I got a FREE meal! It is a new thing Topeka's is doing for birthdays. You should go on yours! Very yummy! I also got a Ukrop's cake! When we got home, there were 12 pink roses and 12 white with red tips roses at my door from Lorie! YAY! It was nice to see him before the big day! Dean and I headed back to the Lewis house and there was a pretty arrangement of flowers there from Dean! They were very unique and looked so good as a centerpiece. We got to Mom arranged them in a pretty vase. Our friend, Brian, from college was the one getting married this weekend. He was home alone since is fiancee, now wife, was at her Batchelorette party, so Dean and I stopped by to visit with him for a bit and tell him marriage isn't as bad as he may have been told! bed around midnight again.




















































Friday was Dean's birthday! We planned River Day (our annual outing with friends on the river) and had a great time! So many people showed up. We did tubing and skiing and floating and cruising. It was a great day. We went out to dinner with Dean's parents, Geoff and Jenny at Mandarin Palace. Even though I'm not a big fan of Chinese food, the dish I had was really good! We went home and opened presents after that. Dean and I got a new digital camera and printer and Frisbee Golf frisbees. I've never played before, but I hear it's fun! Again, we got to bed around midnight. This is becoming a bad habit!














Saturday we had breakfast with Dean's family including the grandparents. It was a good meal and nice company. We went on to the wedding. It was a really nice service. I could tell that Brian was nervous through the whole thing, but it turned out really well. We went to the reception and had a good time there. We didn't really know anyone else, so we kept to ourselves. We did talk for a good while to Brian's dad. He's a good guy. After the reception, we changed and headed to a party at Ryan's. A lot of our friends were there. We had some more cards and presents from our friends. We had a good time catching up, playing Wii (yes, I wouldn't mind owning one at some point), and just enjoying each other's company. We didn't get home until late, so another night up past midnight.

























































Sunday we packed up some things and went to church. There was a special speaker there who had a good message, but we needed to leave so we could catch the plane. I got a lot of hugs and it felt good to be at my home church. We went to see Annie for a bit and then finished packing everything. We had all 2 suitcases and 2 bookbags completely filled! We met up with both sets of parents for a quick lunch at Subway, then it was off to the airport. We left sunny Richmond and landed in rainy Atlanta. We had to wait awhile for our plane's gate to clear, but we made it safe and sound. We got our luggage and got to the MARTA. At our station, we had to wait for awhile for the bus to leave, but we got to the apartment and we were home! I was starving, so I went to preheat the oven and found some messages on the answering machine. I hit play and there was a message from Georgia Tech Police from Thursday. Someone had broken in to Dean's car and attempted to steal it. We went over to the parking deck it's in and the driver's side back small window had a hole in it and the ignition had been messed with. A police officer came to get all the information for the police report. We did not notice anything stolen, but they did go through the whole car. There was glass all over the inside and it hurt so much to see our car being messed with by someone. We found out today that our insurance will not cover what has happened to it. We're not sure what we're going to do next. Please pray for us to figure out something and for the people who did this to our car. It's really sad that there is so much evil surrounding us in this world. Things are going to be ok, we just feel violated.















































Even though this happened at the very end of our week, we still are so happy to have had a great time visiting our friends and family back in Richmond. You guys mean a lot to us and we're so glad you spent our birthday weekend with us.

1 comment:

Lorie said...

I'm so sorry somebody violated your property! It's such an awful feeling. When my brother lived in Brooklyn, he just gave up getting his car windows fixed and put up plastic and tape.

It was so good to see you guys on Friday and Saturday, though! It sounds like you had a really wonderful (and FULL) weekend. Hopefully you'll get to rest up now that you're back at work. =)

SUCH a cute puppy picture on gmail, by the way. Is it yours?