Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Richmond Visit

Oh, Richmond.  I love being back in my first home!  My parents were there to greet me at the airport as always!  On Monday I picked up some Chickfila and went over to my cousin Sara's house to meet Luke!!  I have been looking forward to seeing this little boy since I first heard about him!  Luke is ADORABLE!!  He is so little and cute and makes the best faces.  I loved just sitting and watching him.  I can't tell you how precious the time I spent with him and Sara was.  It had been way too long since Sara and I had time to just sit and talk.  I am so proud of the mother that my little cuzzie wuzzie has become!!

I got to hold Luke and he was so warm and happy.  Then, he got hungry.  Boy, that boy can cry!  His bottom lip quivered and he screamed at the top of his little lungs!   There was nothing I could do to calm him down until his mom got his milk warmed up.

I told Luke stories and we talked about all the fun things he his going to get to do as he grows up.  I am so sad that I live so far away from this sweet boy, but I am going to make sure he doesn't forget me!  Even though Luke is my cousin he feels so much closer since Sara and grew up together and I have known his dad, Patrick, since Kindergarten!

Luke and me!
Even though I didn't want to, I handed Luke back over to his mom and headed back to my parents for dinner.  That evening Mom and I took our trip to Kohls!  We always have to get a little shopping in when we are together!

On Tuesday I spent the day with my in-laws.  We had a fun time visiting.  Aunt Jean even came over for lunch!  We looked through school pictures of Dean and Geoff.  Of course there was plenty of puppy sister petting and cuddling. That night several of our good friends came over to my parents house for pizza and catching up.  Lorie and David were in town so it was great to hang out with them again!  It still amazes me how we can all be apart for a long time and pick up right where we left off.  I am blessed to have these friends.

Good Friends!
On Wednesday I went to work with my mom.  It didn't take long for her boss to tell her to go home and enjoy time with me before I left that afternoon.  We went to the mall where I spent way too much time in high school!  We then met Dean's mom and grandmother for lunch where I received the news that my flight was cancelled!  I was a little sad since I have been missing Dean and Daisy, but my parents were super excited for me to spend another night with them.  My flight was rescheduled for the next morning so I got to go to a surprise 50th birthday party for a great friend of the family.  A great time was had by everyone and the birthday boy was so surprised!

On Thursday, July 4th, we woke up at 4am to get me to the airport.  I had a 4 hour layover in LaGuardia New York.  I was not looking forward to it, but I found a good spot to sit and watch TV on my phone to pass the time.  I was really sad that I was missing the first 4th of July in our Vermont town.  They go all out for the 4th!  Since Dean knew how much I wanted to see the parade, he sent me a ton of pictures of all the festivities!  My favorite was one of Dean holding Daisy!  I missed my little family so much and couldn't wait to be back with them!  I made it home in time for lunch, a nap, and a beautiful fireworks show that we could view from our neighborhood.  I am looking forward to this celebration in the years to come.
Dean and Daisy at the 4th of July Parade!

1 comment:

Sara said...

I can't believe I'm this far behind in reading! Ah! What a sweet post, Heather :-) Luke and I really enjoyed that day too. I wish you weren't so far away too. Love you!