My birthday present from Dean was suppose to be a surprise, but you can't keep much from me. Dean got me my friend Lorie!! Well technically he got Lorie a plane ticket from Oregon to Vermont! It was her first visit to Vermont and the first time we have been able to spend some quality time together in a while. It was the perfect gift!!
Lorie flew all night to show up Thursday morning and start our celebrating! I showed her around our house and she met Daisy. They hit it off right from the start! We went to lunch and to see the movie, The Heat. It was hilarious, but a little heavy on the language. We had a good time munching on popcorn and laughing out loud. That evening we went to a concert in the square with Dean and Daisy. It was a lot of fun to be out in the nice weather and see so many people out having fun.
Friday was my birthday!! We went for a lunch cruise on the Spirit of the Ethan Allen III. We had so much fun cruising around Lake Champlain and seeing the sights. We then spent some time walking around Burlington and checking out some shops on Church Street. I got a huge bouquet of flowers from my friends! They are beautiful!! That evening Dean cooked out for dinner. It was yummy! After dinner I got ready for my softball game!! Yes, I played softball on my 30th birthday! I had my best game with this team yet! It was so much fun and we won!! After the game, I shared my birthday cookie cake with my team! They were all happy to celebrate!
 |
| Cruising! | | |
 |
| My Birthday Burger! |
 |
| Lovely bouquet from my friends! |
Saturday was Dean's birthday, but he agreed to keep celebrating me since my present was in town until the afternoon. We went out to breakfast and took a ride up to Mount Philo for some lovely views of Lake Champlain and the farmlands. We got some pizza for lunch and sent Lorie on her way back to the left coast. Thanks again, Lorie, for taking the time to come over and celebrate with me!! It felt like the good ole days! It's nice to know that we can always have good ole days no matter how old we get!!
For Dean's celebration, we went to the lake, ate Cincinnati Chili (I made it, Dean ate it) and went to see the movie, Pacific Rim. Dean also got a Moose Tracks Ice Cream Cake!
 |
| Dean's cake! I think Daisy wants a slice! |
I am so grateful that we can celebrate the big 3-0 together. Our 20s were awesome and I can't wait to see what the 30s will hold!
1 comment:
I felt like *I* was the one getting the gift! I got to spend time with you and Dean, I got to meet Daisy, AND I got to see beautiful Vermont! Thanks for the amazing experience! Happy unBirthday!!!
Post a Comment