Saturday, June 16, 2012

First Vermont Trip

Vermont is BEAUTIFUL! 

Dean and I took a few days and flew to Burlington, VT to check out the area where we will be living.  We visiting some parks, hiked a mountain, and just drove around the area.  We found the local Kohls (by my request) and checked out some local restaurants.  After our visit, I feel more at peace about the move and I know that we will be great once we get settled. The transition is going to be tough, but we will take it all one step at a time.

Burlington is big enough that you don't feel like you are stuck in the middle of no where, but also small enough that it feels like a close knit community.  While we were driving around we would sometimes turn a corner and see a beautiful lake and mountain scene and sometimes we would find our road turn into a one lane dirt road that is closed part of the year due to mud season.  It was great!

We found a town that we like with some lovely neighborhoods and homes.  After talking with someone who knows the area it sounds like that is where we should look for our home!  The school system is wonderful and the community is great.  We even saw some young kids running after school and lots of puppies enjoying the outdoors!  These neighborhoods are also really close to IBM so Dean might be able to even bike to work when the weather is right.

It was a little cooler than normal while we were there.  Dean loved it and I will learn to deal with it.  I just have to remember to pack warmer clothes next time.   

Here are some pictures from our trip!

Lake Champlain from Downtown Burlington
Lake Champlain shoreline
Lake Champlain from Battery Park
Lake Champlain from Red Rocks Park
Lighthouse guarding the breakwater on the lake
Vermont highways are different than Atlanta highways.
Lake Champlain from the top of Mt. Philo
Ben & Jerry's starting in Burlginton!
Winooski River Dam
Vermont Lake Monsters are a short season single A affiliate of the Oakland A's.  This is the closest to Braves games that we are going to get!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll get to Vermont if I have to hitchhike!