John Smoltz
John Smoltz was part of the dynamic trio of pitchers that helped Atlanta win 14 consecutive division titles including one World Series title. He not only was a starter for the Braves but was also a closer for a few years. He always gave 110% on and off the field. Smoltz has given a lot of time and money to several charities around the Atlanta area.
My coworker really helped me out in getting to see Smoltz in person. He went to the store the day before and got me spot number 2! When I got to the store, there were a TON of people in line wanting to see Smoltz, but I got to go to the front! The pictures of me and "Smoltzie" are a little blurry, but we managed to get a couple that weren't too bad.
![]() |
| Smoltzie signing my books! |
![]() | ||
| I think I was in the middle to telling Smotzie he is more funny than Glavine (another former pitcher) |
Javy Lopez is my all time favorite Brave. He was an amazing catcher for the Braves and he had an awesome bat too! Javy may not be the most well known Brave, but his skill and attitude won me over. In 2008 Javy was invited to Braves spring training, but was not selected for the team. Instead of going somewhere else, he decided to retire. He was selected to throw out the first pitch opening day that year. Let's just say there was someone in the stands going crazy when his name was announced!!
Three years ago Dean bought me a Javy Lopez jersey for my birthday! I wore it to every Braves game and I was even on the Jumbo-tron holding up my jersey. This year I decided to retire my jersey since it is now rather large on me. I decided to frame it, but before I did, I took it to the book signing. Javy was so nice! He signed my books and my jersey!!
| Javy and Me |
| Javy signing my jersey!! |
![]() |
| The framed jersey! I also included the two pictures above and the one of me on the Jumbo-tron. |
GO BRAVES!!!



1 comment:
You are my special girl, Braves and all!!!
Post a Comment