Monday, June 13, 2011

Exciting News!

I am now married to a PhD Candidate!!

That's right! Dean is now a PhD Candidate! He has defended his Proposal to the 4 professors on his panel and they have all passed him!! He has done a wonderful job and I am so proud of him!

This is a MAJOR hurdle. Now, companies will see that Dean has put in a lot of work towards his PhD and is close to receiving his doctorate. They might even start to extend offers to hire him!

There is still a good deal of work to be done. Dean has to finish the research he said he would do in his proposal. He will be submitting some more papers to journals or conferences. He also will have to write his Thesis. The one thing we know for sure is that Dean will defend his Dissertation no earlier than 6 months from today. Georgia Tech requires 6 months between Proposal Acceptance and Dissertation Defense.

I am 99% sure that I have relayed the correct information. What I do know for sure is that this is wonderful news and a lot of exciting things are in our future!

WAY TO GO DEANO!!!!

No comments: