Friday, June 03, 2011

Catch Up

Lorie and David's wedding was AMAZING! We had so much fun, everything went perfectly, and it was beautiful. I got to spend one whole day running around getting things checked off of the to-do list with Lorie. We laughed so much that day!!

The best part of all, the happy couple was so happy! Congrats David & Lorie!






















It took about a week to recover from all the wedding excitement. During this week, I spent most of my free time wishing I was on a cruise ship like the happy couple instead of at work. Work has been tough. Real tough. For the last two weeks I have been working late and getting to work early. I reached my point of exhaustion today. My customer hasn't been completely open with us about what they expect. The design has changed 3 times and it's hard to not feel like I've been wasting my time. I left work ON TIME today and will not think about work until Monday morning!

Memorial Day was fun! Since David and Lorie are living in Atlanta right now, Lorie and I went shopping!! I was starting to feel like I was swimming in all my clothes, so a few new items was definitely what I needed. We had a lot of fun and I got a few things that I wouldn't have normally picked out for myself, but everything looks great and I feel so good in my new clothes! Thanks, WeightWatchers!

Dean has been busy working round the clock too! He has to defend his Proposal that he submitted to his committee of 4 professors. We found out one of the professors is going to be out of town all summer, so thankfully, he was able to work out a time to meet with that professor before she left. That meeting was today! Dean now has the approval of 1 of the 4 professors on his committee! He passed his defense with flying colors!! He will meet with the other 3 professors on June 13th! We are at the point where every achievement in the PhD process is a big one. I am so proud of Dean!!

Summer has definitely made it's way to Atlanta! We have been seeing nothing but 90s and they are expected to stay for at least another week. Do I see new shorts in my future? ;-)

No comments: