Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Right Pointer Finger

Happy Birthday Charlie! :-)

Yesterday I did a stupid thing and accidentally burned the tip of my right pointer finger. It isn't too bad. I had a little blister and it's pretty much gone now. But, this is how it played out. I was at work Monday morning, excited about sending a fix to Intel and moving from the steaming hot lab into a much bigger and cooler lab. I was testing something on the system next to my computer and my coworker, Warren, was about to leave the lab.

Warren: "I smell something burning"
Heather: "Well my board's not booting..."
*Heather touches the BIOS Chip on her board and burns the tip of her finger*

It started to blister right away. It hurt a bit, but it is much better today. I am actually able to type with it again. While my finger was hurt, I couldn't use it and I found out that there are a ton of things that I do that involve my right pointer finger:

1) Typing
2) Left mouse clicking
3) Pressing down on my fork to cut food
4) Gripping pencil
5) Changing radio stations in my car
6) Chosing my destination on my GPS
7) Gripping a cup to take a drink
8) Putting on my necklace
9) Flipping through pages of my book

Thank you right pointer finger! I appreciate all you do for me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I realize your list wasn't meant to be exhaustive, but you did leave out nose picking.
Love
The Uncle