This year I got the chance to see ground zero. Like many others, I was a little upset that there wasn't more set up to memorialize the victims and the heroes. But, after actually visiting New York, I can't even imagine what people were going through that day. For me, I was in my Engineering 101 class. Someone came in and mentioned something about the World Trade Center, but I didn't really understand until I went to the commons after class and people were surrounding every tv monitor trying to see what was going on. I remember going home early and watching all the news coverage for the rest of the day and the days to come. But what about those people in New York City? At the Pentagon? In Pennsylvannia? I bet they felt like it was the end of the world! I bet there was a ton of confusion, a ton of phone calls and a ton of tears shed. I bet they didn't know whether to run towards the destruction to help or to run away and find a place to hide. For those who survived, I pray they never let us forget what that day was like for them. Those that lost friends or family members and those who witnessed evil happening in their city that day.
I hope people know that God was with every person that day. He was with the victims, the heroes, and the Americans who were no where near the crime scenes. I think even God was crying that day too. Please don't forget to take a moment to remember today. God Bless America!

No comments:
Post a Comment