So Dean and I are sitting in the apartment enjoying our Sunday evening. Dean's baking a pound cake for the Thanksgiving Dinner at the apartment complex tomorrow night and I am of course, messing with my iPod. I start to smell something funny, so I ask Dean if he can smell it. To me, it smells like someone smoking a cigar and since our complex is a no smoking complex, I assume it's outside. We have the windows open because our AC is acting up, so we start to close the windows. Then, Dean noticed it was hazy, so he decided to go to our neighbors (2 other apartments are on the floor with us) and see if everyone's ok. The people right beside us had an apartment full of smoke! We asked if they were ok and they said they were fine. A little later, the fire alarm starts to go off, so we head outside. 2 GT cops come and turn the fire alarm off and everyone opens up their windows and turns on their fans to clear the smoke. We came back inside and I hope that everything is ok. I don't know how bad smoke damage can be, but everything smells horrible.
I hope everyone had a peaceful Sunday.
No comments:
Post a Comment