Front of our beach house. There's even a fountain in the front!
The living room. These couches were very comfy. I took a couple naps there in the afternoons.
Back of the house at night. Pretty pool! It's shaped like a foot!
The view from our back yard!
Sunday - OUR 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!! We can't believe it's already been a year! We got some things packed and headed 30 miles south to Myrtle Beach. When I was little, my parents and I would go to Myrtle Beach every summer for at least a week or two and stay in the same house. I absolutely love this place! Dean and I decided to check out some of the places I loved the most. First stop, was Captain Dick's Marina. It had changed quite a bit, but it was still a beautiful place. We had some lunch and the next stop was Ocean Lakes Family Campground. This is where our beach house was when I was little. I showed Dean the house we stayed in and the campground store and some other places I loved in the campground. Our final stop was Broadway at the Beach. This place has a collection of shops and restaurants and other amusing sites. Dean and I had a very nice dinner to end the evening.
Enjoying our 1 year anniversary cake! Dean got some in my eye! I decided to be playful with this cake since I wouldn't let Dean ruin my wedding dress!
Monday - We drove back up to Holden Beach. Dean's family was already there. Daddy Roo, Mama Jane, Brother Geoff and his girlfriend Jenny, Uncle Charlie, Aunt Jean, Lisa and Marjie. After we showed up, Grammy and Granddad also arrived. Most of the days from here on out were the same - get up, have breakfast, go to beach, swim in pool, have lunch, relax, eat dinner, games with family, ice cream at the Scoop (yum!) and bed. I'll try to pick out the highlights for the rest of the week.
Tuesday - Normal relaxing day. Ate dinner at another seafood restaurant and went shopping in a cute beach store with Mama Jane, Grammy and Marjie. Mama Jane got Dean and me these really cute turtle plates! After icecream, Geoff and Jenny had to leave since Geoff started orientation at NC State for his first year of grad school.
Wednesday, Normal relaxing day again. Marjie made Cincinnati Chili for dinner. It is one of Dean's favorite meals. Around midnight, more family arrived. Uncle Beaver and Aunt Sally showed up with Annabelle and Charlie!
Thursday - We were woken up by some extra noise in the house. The kids, 4 and 2, were up and about. It was fun to get to play with them in the pool, so we didn't mind them being around.
Annabelle splashing water on her Uncle Roo!
Charlie being precious!
Annabelle and Charlie - Dean taught Annabelle to pour water on heads. He was very proud of that fact. Charlie would just plunge his head into the water. He loved it! Aunt Jean is holding onto Charlie.
Friday - Grammy and Grandad left early in the morning without Dean and me knowing. We played with the kids and since it was our last full day at the beach, we ordered pizza for dinner. Friday night there was a big thunderstorm. Standing on the deck looking out at the ocean was amazing. It was pitch black outside, but every once in awhile, lightning would flash lighting up the whole sky like it was in the middle of the day. We got a bit of it on video, but of course it looked so much better in person!
Saturday was the day to leave. We got everything together and locked up the house and said goodbye to Holden Beach. Dean did let me stop by Wings on the way out which made me happy. It's just one of those things that you have to do when you're at the beach. The trip back was nice and it was good to have Sunday to unwind from the vacation and get ready to get back to reality.
We're so very lucky to be able to enjoy God's great creation. Luckily, I have great in-laws to spend time with too!
Beautiful!
1 comment:
Thanks for sharing you beach vacation with us and glad you had a good time and you visit to your young stomping grounds of Myrtle Beach.
Post a Comment