I hope everyone has been having a wonderful easter. It was a little chilly here today, but at least we didn't have snow like Richmond! Crazy stuff!
Dean's parents have been here since Thursday night. We just dropped them off at the airport. We had a wonderful time! On Friday, since Dean and I were occupied with our daily routines, they took in a bit of the touristy things. We went to Ted's Montana Grill that night (owned by Ted Turner) and watched a movie back at the apartment. On Saturday, we took a tour around Georgia Tech and went to the aquarium! Here are some pictures from the trip:
Dean's Favorite:
The Big Tank:
Tropical Fish:
Aquarium-goers:
Saturday night, we went to Mary Mac's Tea Room with the Lynch's and had a good southern style meal. Today we went to church and tried a local mexican restaurant. A lot of fun and a lot of food. I guess that's what you get when you want to take in all of Atlanta. I don't think any of us will be eating again for a week!
Being Easter Sunday, I woke up with the song, "He Lives" running through my head. We didn't sing it in service today, but I am sure they sang it at my grandmother's church in West Virginia. When I was little, we always went to WV for Easter and we always sang that song. I can only hear it being sung with a country accent.
During children's church today, the lady talking to them tried to help them get excited that it's Easter and what a wonderful thing Jesus did for us. She got them excited all right. They started telling her what the Easter Bunny had brought them. I got a chocolate bunny! I get to hunt Easter eggs! They were so cute! She finally had to tell them she wanted to hear everything they got, but to save it for after church. Reasoning with hyper kids. Always fun to watch.
Hallelujah, He Lives!
No comments:
Post a Comment