Valentine's Day started off like a normal day since it fell on a Wednesday. Dean went to school and I went to work. After work, I called Dean to tell him I'm on my way home and he said he has a little problem. He had gone to his car to go pick up some things for Valentine's day and it wouldn't start. His battery was dead. He reached for his phone to call Ga Tech for some help when he noticed he didn't have his phone. He had to go all the way back to his office to get it, call for help and wait to get his car jumped. He finally made it to Publix and got what he needed.
I was almost home when I get a call that he is stranded...again. I turn around and head to the Publix parking deck to jump my poor husband. We get everything home and I let Dean off at the apartment to "hide things." I get the mail (thanks for the gift Mom and Dad Lewis!) and park the car and head up to the apartment.
Dean got me some pretty pretty tulips! I love them! He also made dinner. He made chicken wraps which are one of his specialties and one that I LOVE! He also spent a lot of time on dessert. When it was finally done, I saw that it was a chocolate pie. He found a recipe to make a chocolate pie like the one that I love from Ukrops back home! Dean even let me pick out a mushy movie to watch! It was such a nice day, even if it was a little bumpy!
I love my Valentine!
2 comments:
Sounds like a great first valentine's Day except for the car troubles. Guess you know you need a new battery.
Nah, it seems the battery is fine. I just can't go two months without driving it, lol. But Heather and I have a good solution. Haygood has Wednesday night supper every, you guessed it, Wednesday night. But we'd be too late if Heather picked me up and we went over together. So instead, she'll just head over straight from work and I'll drive over from school. So we get dinner and my battery stays charged. Two birds :)
And thanks, Mom and Dad, for the Peachy clock. It's cute :)
Post a Comment