Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Connor's First Thanksgiving!

What a difference a year makes.  Last Thanksgiving, I was sick that night right before bed.  We didn't know until the next day that I was actually experiencing my first "morning" sickness.  This year as we sat around the table with our friends, Connor was sitting with us in his high chair taking in all the sights and the smells.  He was too little this year to taste all the yummy food, but I still think he enjoyed his first Thanksgiving!

Our friends Beth and Will came over with Beth's dog, Penny.  We had a delicious meal with turkey, sides, and both apple and pumpkin pie!  After the meal we took Daisy and Penny over to our neighbor's house to play with their dog, Gunner.  We had a great time watching them chase each other in the snow.

We missed our family, but we were able to video chat with Dean's parents, brother, sister-in-law and niece!  My parents were visiting family in West Virginia and I got to talk with them as well.

We are grateful for our friends and family.  We are thankful for the beautiful state that we live in and for technology to keep us close to the ones we love.  This year were are especially thankful for our little boy who has already brought so much joy into our lives.

Connor's First Thanksgiving!
He dressed up for the occasion with his turkey tie!
Turkey Noodle Soup - made with the leftovers!  YUM!

No comments: